Friday, November 23, 2007

The Hibachi is Hot...And Injured

We at MTAC find Gilbert Arenas mildly amusing. He has mad game, is a crazy gunner, and loves to tell the world exactly what he is thinking. Well the man who once called himself "The Hibachi" is now on the shelf for three long months die to knee surgery. He is bummed out about it. Real bummed. He wants you to know just how upset he is.

In his
nba.com blog, Arenas gives you more than just his thoughts on his injury. I guess the Hibachi is now single too:

When stuff goes bad it goes bad. I just broke up with my girlfriend and I don’t get to see my kids for a while because of the breakup. That happened right before those two games last week. I was so happy, went out and performed well with 30 and 11 and came back the next night with 28 and I was thinking, “Oh yeah, it was her that was bringing my spirits down…” Now she’s back in California. You ask for space, you know, because everything feels closed in … the house is dirty, the kids are drawing on the walls and on the couches and you’re thinking, “Oh man, I can’t do this. I’m not playing well and I’m coming home to all this.” So you ask for space and now you got clean walls, clean furniture and you’re lonely. And now you got to sit out three months. Oh man. I guess it has to get bad so it can get good. I’m not talking to my girlfriend. There’s a thing, “Watch what you say,” sometimes. She said, “I don’t want you to call me. I don’t want you to ask me about the kids. We’re going to do this on our own.” So, I decided, “OK.”

Is this guy the best or what?

No comments: