Friday, November 9, 2007

KU Wins by 29, yet I'm not Happy

Time Warner Cable sucks. So after three tries, I finally successfully ordered the Full Court package this morning. When I ordered it, my channels didn't work, they gave me a message saying if I wanted to order these channels, I should call the 877 number. I called back at 5 PM. They sent a signal to my box again and nothing happened. The idiot woman I spoke to then said she talked to her supervisor, who told her that at 7 PM when the game started, the channels would kick in. Guess what didn't happen? The channels never kicked in. They screwed me again, pure and simple. This literally happens EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN YEAR.

I cant take this bullshit much longer. I didn't get to see my Jayhawks open their season with a dominant 107-78 win over Louisiana-Monroe. Of all nights.....My main man Darnell Jackson had his career 21 points on 8-9 shooting. Sophomore PG Sherron Collins led the way with 22. Freshman Guard Tyrel Reed showed serious game, netting 11 points in 11 minutes, including 3-4 from downtown. Guard Rod Stewart once again provided quality minutes, dishing 8 assists in 16 minutes and playing his usuak stout defense.

The butterflies are out. The first win is in. It was a laugher early as KU led 50-35 at the half. Not to be outdown, the Hawks scored 57 in the second half. None of the starters played more than 26 minutes. This was a good way to start the season. It wasn't all roses for the Hawks. ULM shot over 50% from the field which didn't please coach Bill Self. But Self had to love the way Darnell Jackson played. He also propped up Freshman Center Cole Aldrich for his quality play.

I'll add more tomorrow after I read the articles....Bottom line, I'm real bitter that I didn't watch tonight. I am however, watching the Cavs and Kings right now. They are tied at the half.

No comments: